Thursday, February 12, 2015

VBS Camillian

This is what he looks like in Blacklight. I will post a better picture later. All I had was two small blacklight flash lights. 
I haven't posted to my blog in a long while. Our Family has been through some things the past year and a half. God is good and has walked or acutally at time carried us through. I am hoping now to be able to find the time to post more oftten.

This year our Church is going to use the "Journey Off The Map" Vacation Bible School Curriculum. For the past three years we have added Neon decorations to our set. We do the theme song in blacklight. The kids have loved it. I actually love blacklight performances. It allows me to concentrate on the message of the music, not sure why, but I get so much more for the music when it is in blacklight.

Since all the decorations for VBS are larger than live, I deceided to draw and paint a Camillian. I think he is really fun. I used 1/2 inch foam board ( the pink kind) and drew my little guy out. Then using an electric knife, (I find this works best. Hot knives work, but they create an awful smell as you cut.) and cut out my Camillian. Using paint that will glow in the dark I painted him using a green, orange and purple. I also added a darker green, white and black.

I am really looking forward to VBS this year. This is a fun set to create, but most important, is the Biblical contenct is sound and I love how it continues where last years left off. Hope you like you Camillian.

Here are a picture of the finished product not in plack light.
The little guy is the first one I drew and painted. I realized quickly that he was too small.



Hope you enjoy my Camillian! 

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment